Estação de S. Bento (Praça Almeida Garrett)
S. Bento Railway Station, is an amazing historical building, designed by the one of the greatest Oporto’s architect from the XIX´s, José Marques da Silva.
The official inauguration of the railway was the 7 novembre of 1916.
The place or stood the S. Bento da Ave-Maria Convent (17th century). Inside, at the entry, the big hall had more than 20000 tiles (azulejos), were its possible to see a part of the history of Portugal. Painted by the famous painter Jorge Colaço.
It is possible to contemplate the French influence on the facade of the building.